ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

We are now OSHA Certified Crane Operators!

Brian

• Board Patron

.- and OSHA gets involved - and they will - records and "teachers" are of paramount importance. . Their person is credentialed, and our insurance company would stand behind any issue that comes with that.

gn

Let me pose this question to all you guys out there.

Let's say that your insurance guy trains your rigger. Then the rigger causes an accident. Do you actually think OSHA will be more lenient on the company/rigger than if the rigger had been qualified by a trainer in house?

I don't think an insurance company standing behind their training will pull much weight with OSHA when it comes to an accident.

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I contacted my Insurance carrier. They don't do any training for;cranes, rigging, signaling. I've gotten a quote for $250.00 per person for the signaling cert. $1,400.00 per person on the crane cert to 21 tons. Rigging they'll give to me no charge based on my experience. They'll hold the classes at my shop over a weekend using our crane. Then we test at a testing center on Monday.

We do testing/certification on various equipment such as; warehouse/high reach forklift, scissor lifts, boom trucks at our rental shop RSC. I do the classes here on everything else during our safety meetings.

We just did Ladder safety 2 weeks ago. Last week my insurance loss prevention guy wanted to see a crew in action. He goes to the job site. Finds my guys using an aluminum extension ladder disconnecting boxes and secondary inside a location. And the fiberglass extension ladder was on the crane truck. At least they had the lockouts on the breakers and boxes. And they were using all 4 outriggers. Now there are no aluminum ladders for them to use for roof access or other non electrical uses. They get to hump the heavy ladders. This is the stuff that makes me wish OSHA would fine an employee for their choice for non compliance. We can give our employees the best training and equipment. But we can't baby sit every job and make them be compliant. Sorry, got off base a little.

Brian - Congratulations on becoming certified!

Edited by Westcoast Sign Guy
Edited in the name of "Anti-Trust" to keep in alignemnt with ISA's stance on discussing "price" ---- http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5165-isa-no-help-with-national-sign-cos-vs-local-sign-shops/

• Board Patron

thanks!

Overall the training was good. There was a few items that need tweeked and the study materials had some mistakes that the class had to research to make sure we had the correct answers. I think when you fix those items the classes will go really smoothly. It is definetly worth the price. The instructor did his very best to prepare us for the tests. I would not want to try to take the test without the training classes. One suggestion though everyone agreed that they would have liked to have gotten the study materials about a week in advance to get more familiar with them before the classes started.

Oh yea coffee and krispy kremes each morning would have been nice!

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

As of June, we could get the crane certification done through a partnership Wisconsin Sign Association has with the training company (AGC) for $795/person, and that was with them coming to our shop. Check with your association, if you're a member.

• Board Patron

Good to know but for shops with less than six people the ISA deal is much cheaper.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg