ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I think I am going to get a new (to me) truck. Best places for Elliott?

Brian

• Board Patron

Where are some of the best places to buy a USED Elliott from? I think I want an 85'

Edited by chubbygumby

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I thought I would get more responses. Help me out guys

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Contacted Mirk - no answer

Contacted NESCO and was told we don't sell our trucks. what service!!! LOL

The gals exact response " If we sold our trucks we wouldn't have anything to rent" Really makes you want to do business with them.

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

My Thoughts only.....Tandam axles mean 4 more tires and 2 more brakes, More headaches and more reasons for the cops and DOT to write tickets.

Elliotts are nice, but the work beds are way to high up. And the back step is a back breaker. Manetex is my choice. 7 years without any problem. . Altec is following Manitex on the same design Getting the truck serviced will also play a big part on your choice.

Stay with the 3 top brands and you should do well. Any truck that works without issues is a good truck. You love them or hate them.

Good luck and best wishes on this adventure.

In response to Paul's post above (great comments by the way), we have solutions for everything! There are a number of HiReach units out in the field with a step bumper to help with bed access. Check it out.

post-5811-0-74226100-1386944220.jpg

My Thoughts only.....Tandam axles mean 4 more tires and 2 more brakes, More headaches and more reasons for the cops and DOT to write tickets.

Elliotts are nice, but the work beds are way to high up. And the back step is a back breaker. Manetex is my choice. 7 years without any problem. . Altec is following Manitex on the same design Getting the truck serviced will also play a big part on your choice.

Stay with the 3 top brands and you should do well. Any truck that works without issues is a good truck. You love them or hate them.

Good luck and best wishes on this adventure.

Edited by ElliottEquipmentCo

• Board Patron

Yes I like them but seems hard to get someone (dealer) to call back. Paul who do you by your Manetex from?

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

Mantex.....My dealer iis Stamm Industries in Florida. John Stamm 1 800 226-5056 Stamm-mfg.com He should have something for you or let you know where to go for it.

Ron Kohlman is a good guy also. He is always amazed at my trucks. and keeps on trying to sell me on Elliott.

Its all about what you like and can afford. Love them or hate them.

• Board Patron

Thanks again Paul I can spend about 10,000 LOL!!! I can't afford new but I can swing a decent used one.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

My next crane will be a skyhoist(bought by manitex) rx87 on a tandem. In my opinion if you are going to really load it up and make it a rolling shop it will be overweight on a single axle. Anything over a L55 or sx57 should be on tandem if you plan on loading it with gear and making it anything other then a service truck. For instance, take a look at the thread of the elliot that was at AC sign show. They say that thing is 25k out of the factory. Ad a generator and oxy/fuel tanks and a few tools and you are overweight with 2 people. My friend bought a sx70 and overloaded it on a single 33k chassis and had to have a tag axle installed.

Another person who specialized in manitex/skyhoist/skyhook is the crane center. they are even closer to you. Stamm does top notch work as well as we have all seen.

• Board Patron

I worked a 62' Manitex on a 750 ford for about 5 years. Loved both. The Manitex lets you do more than the Elliot's. Stamm is the place to go. You certainly don't need to be talking Elliot for $10,000, especially the 80 footer. There is a guy down the block with a '64 Ford utility bucket that is asking more than $10,000.

• Board Patron

Good Lord Val the $10,000 was a joke! get the LOL? Do you think I am that stupid?

Edited by chubbygumby

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

LOL = Laughing Out Loud You must be living under a rock.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

I know what it means. 3 letters used by teenage girls in their texting. What I missed was the comedic moment to actually LOL. Must have been a inside joke between you and the 5 or 6 people you make believe you are friends with on this site.

• Board Patron

Thank you for you helpful information Val. I guess where things got mixed up was when I assumed that with a username like Val you were a teenage girl. OMG! WTF! KMA (kiss my ass)

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Hey altex I guess little girls like Val get their feelings hurt pretty easily!!! LMFAO

• Like 1

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Go with the Tandem, it is better to overspec a truck rather than under spec. We have calculaed that tools alone weigh in about a ton.

Under spec trucks have a lot of maintenace issues.

Our L60, we used a 33,000 lb gvw.

Thanks

Dave

• Board Patron

Tough crowd in here...LOL..BTW, ROTFLMAO, YOLO, R2D2 C3PO PS3....

Mark;

My personal favorite has always been SNAFU...............

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

Has anybody else read the latest OSHA ruling that states that bucket trucks that are not rated over 2000 lbs. cannot be used to lift people? Goes into effect late next year.