ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Kensington Landmark is Missing

Erik Sine

Kensington Landmark is Missing

Original.jpg

Something is missing from Kensington. The landmark sign went down for repairs last October and it is still not back, yet.

Neighbor aren't sure what to make of it or when the landmark will be back in it's place along the main drag. But plans are already in the works to refurbish the 52-year old sign that so many people identify with when they visit Kensington.

Harold Koenig is the President of the Kensington/Talmadge Community Association. He says when the neon lights continued to go out, he knew there was a problem.

"The cables were rusted, the cables that supported it, and internally there was a lot of problems," explained Koenig. "The sign, historically, has been a joke in San Diego because the neon would go out often. It was the letters S-I-N. So people liked to say the 'sin' is out of Kensington."

Safety is also an issue. The association wants to make sure the new sign is safe and they will try to keep as much from the original sign as possible, even down to the color. The repairs will cost up to $80,000. The sign is expected to be re-installed by late this year.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

This is such BS, $80,000?!?!?!?! I know this neighbohood and sign, and know the sign company who's storing this sign. I even contacted Harold Koenig to be a consultant to represent him and the community to his Sign Company, problem is the sign company is a large member of his association. That same sign company has been making repairs on the sign for years, you can't tell me that they can't get it right after all these years?

What a crock! What a way to grease their own

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron
This is such BS, $80,000?!?!?!?! I know this neighbohood and sign, and know the sign company who's storing this sign. I even contacted Harold Koenig to be a consultant to represent him and the community to his Sign Company, problem is the sign company is a large member of his association. That same sign company has been making repairs on the sign for years, you can't tell me that they can't get it right after all these years?

What a crock! What a way to grease their own

How big is the thing? 80,000 it must be huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati
How big is the thing? 80,000 it must be huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know pics can be deceiving - but seeing the lamp in the background - the sign can't be that big,especially given the guy wires that are holding it up. $80K for re-doing it?? Damn, they must be a part of the Chicago brotherhood. You oughta run a number for them to make it NEW ------- just so its on record for the community how much they got screwed.

gn

Check out the video to the right of this site.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/...3IaaWeKpTg.cspx

This is not a very big sign.

Here check out this article, show how big it is

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...1cz11ksign.html

It's almost 20 feet. :Mafia: is right

• Topics

• It depends on what's under the EIFS.   If it's plywood under the foam, then toggles are fine for a lightweight sign.  If masonry, we've come to like the titen HD (simpson strong tie brand) anchors or long wedge anchors.   The Titen HD screws are more user friendly than tapcons IMO.   They come in a variety of sizes, sometimes even at the big home centers.   Just check to see if it's densglass (fiberglass wall panels) under the foam.  Engineeners have told us that densglass isn't "structural" and that things need to be thru-bolted with uni-strut (or equal) sleepers across studs inside the wall.  A few years back, we were called out for an emergency call where someone had installed some large raceway channel letter signs to an EIFS wall that had densglass behind.  They used lag screws.  These held for a while but a heavy snow caused them to fail.   And toggles should work with Densglass but again not for any heavy loads.    In any case don't compress the foam too much.  A sleeve (mentioned above) would be needed for whatever the depth of the foam might be, though probably not needed for something light like an ACM panel.   if it's a really small sign, then appropriate exterior screws are usually OK going into plywood.  
    • Interested in neon manifold for my personal shop 484 862 6095 ask for Johnny
    • Are there any recommendations for the best types of anchors to use for lightweight signs on EIFS?  <a href=" https://www.phoenixstuccocontractor.com/"> Phoenix Stucco Contractors</a>
    • Hi   Can anyone tell me the right color red and blue translucent vinyl for the "new" Pepsi logo?  We have a local ice cream spot that recently changed from Coke to Pepsi and we have to replace the graphics on a couple of lit cabinets.   The customer sent me the logo in various formats but it didn't specify the correct colors.   I've searched but keep getting CYMK, etc. for the older logo - 2022 or so.   Thanks!