ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Determining the value of a sign business

Looking for input from those of you who have sold or purchased a sign company. I'm contemplating selling my company, which was established by me in 1991. It is a full-service commercial sign shop.

I am preparing to relocate and answer the beckoning call of the ocean....

• Board Patron

man that's a tough one. The equipment is easy to value but in a small business if the owner IS the work force (business) then it is hard to get a value for the earning potential of the business. When I sold my printing company we had the same issues so we went to a competitor that we had heard was looking to expand and sat down hashed out a price and was good to go. A competitor sometimes is a better shot that a startup because the competitor is already established and just can look at increasing his sales with your existing customer base. I is really helpful if you can show him several long term customers that will (over a short period of time) pay him back for his investment.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

man that's a tough one. The equipment is easy to value but in a small business if the owner IS the work force (business) then it is hard to get a value for the earning potential of the business. When I sold my printing company we had the same issues so we went to a competitor that we had heard was looking to expand and sat down hashed out a price and was good to go. A competitor sometimes is a better shot that a startup because the competitor is already established and just can look at increasing his sales with your existing customer base. I is really helpful if you can show him several long term customers that will (over a short period of time) pay him back for his investment.

Thanks! I guess I am going to turn up the heat on sales. Work more and dive less? :bawling: After looking at the numbers it turns out my company is worth more to me than I thought. I hate to have a real job :wind45:

here is where I would like to be.... Managed to harvest these down in the keys in feb...

post-1122-1239141830.jpgpost-1122-1239141899.jpg

post-1122-1239142016.jpgpost-1122-1239142210.jpg post-1122-1239141925.jpg

• !llumenati

Very nice catch. Do you do mainly spear fishn'? I would love to in NJ but I dont like going in the water here. You never know what you will catch or what will catch onto you.

You may want to look into selling with option to get it back. Just like renting a house to own. Or taking on a partner so you can have more fun in the agwa

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• !llumenati
Very nice catch. Do you do mainly spear fishn'? I would love to in NJ but I dont like going in the water here. You never know what you will catch or what will catch onto you.

You may want to look into selling with option to get it back. Just like renting a house to own. Or taking on a partner so you can have more fun in the agwa

????????? That's the fun of scuba diving ------------- not knowing. From the looks of the stringer ---- the big one was first, and it went downhill from there????

gn

Thanks. I used to do a lot of hook and line fishing until I tried spearfishing underwater. I've always loved hunting as well, it kind of combines the two sports for me. It also has the added element of me being a part of the food chain, Instead of the top. For those of you who haven't tried scuba diving. I would highly recommend it. It was a life-changing experience for me. It is as close to floating through outer space as I will ever be.

Some good ideas on the business. I don't think I could handle a partner though. Dealing with new business and start up business I've seen too many partnerships fail.

????????? That's the fun of scuba diving ------------- not knowing. From the looks of the stringer ---- the big one was first, and it went downhill from there????

gn

I knew it was going to be a good dive when I had a 33 inch grouper on the stringer within the first five minutes :thumbs: . The dive just kept getting better.The other fish on the stringer are yellowtail snapper, http://www.floridamarine.org/engine/downlo...;dltype=article they have an average length of 12 to 14 inches, the ones on the stringer are really good sized. They are some of the best eating fish I have tasted

• 3 months later...
Looking for input from those of you who have sold or purchased a sign company. I'm contemplating selling my company, which was established by me in 1991. It is a full-service commercial sign shop.

I am preparing to relocate and answer the beckoning call of the ocean....

The countdown has begun......

Minnesota Sign Company, Inc is officially for sale. Current manufacturing facility is a 60' X 75' commercial steel bldg with a 16' overhead door. There is also a 1350sq ft overhead area (that we use for trimcap and letter assembly) underneath overhead area is finished office space. This facility was built new in 1996 specifically for sign manufacturing. It has an expandable end wall built in.It is in a high traffic location with good visability from hwy 65. The facility can be purchased or leased. All sign making equipment can be purchased along with company. Price yet to be determined depending on desired options. I will be putting together an equipment list over the next couple of weeks. What doesn't sell will accompany us on our next adventure.

It is important to note that this is not a firesale. Yes the economy is tough and we are not operating with a high profit margin at this time. We have been planning on this relocation for years.