ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Led issues with a shortage ?

• !llumenati

Any of you mfgs hear of a shortage coming up in September that will affect ALL led mfgs? Supposedly shortage of imported parts of led that all mfg use. I've heard rumor and would like to know what our board members say about this and whether it will affect everyone - Sloan, Axiom, Agilight ????

gn

Sounds like your supplier giving you a line.

LEDs (like any other electronics) can be prone to some large OEM like say, Ford or Apple or LG consuming millions of parts per day, but that's generally forecasted for. Is there a specific product or vendor you're referring to?

• !llumenati

Sounds like your supplier giving you a line.

LEDs (like any other electronics) can be prone to some large OEM like say, Ford or Apple or LG consuming millions of parts per day, but that's generally forecasted for. Is there a specific product or vendor you're referring to?

Sloan is on record saying it - but supposedly to affect all the mfgs. I'm trying to sort thru the b.s. and see what the effect will be on us.

gn

Sloan is on record saying it - but supposedly to affect all the mfgs. I'm trying to sort thru the b.s. and see what the effect will be on us.

gn

Could be certain Nichia parts they're using, otherwise it makes no sense to me. There's no global shortage of resistors or wire or circuit board materials. If it's the driver they use, then it won't impact all mfgs since they don't all use the same drivers. Same thing if it's the LED, since not everyone uses the same diodes.

What has happened in electronics is that some parts are pushed out to 8 or 12 or even 16 weeks lead time and if you haven't forecasted your quantities with the supplier, someone can swoop in and clear out items that you usually have readily available. It's no different than glass or phosphors or power supplies (insert product here). It happened to us last year with one particular component that was wiped out for 12 weeks plus, but because it was a unique light engine we were doing, we designed around the shortage and used a different processor.

There's plenty of alternates that would be happy for an open door to supply you an alternate product that you might even like better.

explains why we are receiving so many orders...

We are not seeing and delays as Marko says - relationship and planning does the job. Keep in mind Sloan builds in China. Axiom and YYZ do not.

We had some delays earlier this summer in our power supplies but that is long gone now - and besides you can use any 12VDC power supply with our product.

Ok - so there are delays on certain types of components that Sloan and other LED companies use. Actually very true.

We however are not affected by these issues at all because we opted not to use these components in our product designs.

So if you are having problems getting parts you can always pay less, get higher performance, and purchase from Axiom LED.

• !llumenati

Ok - so there are delays on certain types of components that Sloan and other LED companies use. Actually very true.

We however are not affected by these issues at all because we opted not to use these components in our product designs.

So if you are having problems getting parts you can always pay less, get higher performance, and purchase from Axiom LED.

Always the salesman :busted_blue:

Thanks all for the info. Finally got confirmed from unwilling sources that it is indeed power supply component problem and not led/component part of the board issues. Kinda changes the relevance of the problem.

And, of course, you can always buy Axiom and avoid the problems, if any.

gn

Who? Me? Have a good day Gary - yes it is a problem with both MOSFETs and ICs that they are using. But please note Sloan will not allow you to use anyone elses power supplies with their product - so this does represent a problem for them. Whereas Axiom and I believe YYZ allow people to use any UL Recognized power supply with our products.

• !llumenati

Who? Me? Have a good day Gary - yes it is a problem with both MOSFETs and ICs that they are using. But please note Sloan will not allow you to use anyone elses power supplies with their product - so this does represent a problem for them. Whereas Axiom and I believe YYZ allow people to use any UL Recognized power supply with our products.

Not true, but also not out for publication - they will allow it.

gn

Not true, but also not out for publication - they will allow it.

gn

I have heard the same thing - and is why we reduced our pricing on our 120 Watt Power Supply - making it easier for people in tough delivery situations

http://store.axiomled.com/PS120HD12_120_Watt_LED_Power_Supply_p/ps120hd12.htm