ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Rotary Hammer

Does any one own this Rotary Hammer? Any feed back / suggestions.

I drill into masonry / brick about once a month and concrete tilt-ups about once or twice a year. I have an 24v cordless but It's about to die! it only lasted about a year. I have a job in a few week where I'll need to drill about 200 holes in to masonry and brick.

----> Bosch 1'' SDS-plus® BULLDOG Xtreme Rotary Hammer - 11255VSR

http://www.maxtool.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.ex...r&SearchNext=16

One of my install guys has a similair LOOKING bosch not sure what he has. What size holes will you be doing? You doing 1-1/4"? oh wait you don't do electrical huh? Should be good for 5/8" and below.

B-11255VSR.jpg:thumbs:

I have a lessor DeWalt Model and it gets into tilt-up pretty good. If I was doing 1" and bigger holes in Tilt-Up on a constant basis I couldn't recommend any other drill but a Hilti :jackhammer: ....I use to have one, until someone thought it looked better in their toolbox than mine :bawling::wave-finger:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Yeah it will be a few more years before I get my C-45. I in the process of getting my D-42 and should have it by the end of the year.

I have done some channel letter installs on the "Down Low for CA$H" :conspire: with my old employee who now works for an electrical co here in town. One day when I get my C-45 and I can afford to hire him back I will start doing take downs and simple electrical jobs.

My guess, since you won't answer Sign Guy's question, is that you're drilling 3/16 or 1/4" holes for stud mounted letters, if you're drilling 200 holes. I have a Milwaukee Falcon that looks about the size of your Bosch. Mine will take up to a 7/8" bit, but I wouldn't use it for a lot of 7/8" holes. I'd go one step up. Your Bosch is probably light weight and will zip right through those 200 holes, IMO.

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

Oh yeah the question... it helps to read..

I will drilling 3/8" and 5/8" holes on this job but 99% of the time it's 1/4 holes..

The hammer drill I have works great for cinder block but I think I killed it on the last tilt-up.. it's all wobbly now :crazy:

Oh yeah the question... it helps to read..

I will drilling 3/8" and 5/8" holes on this job but 99% of the time it's 1/4 holes..

The hammer drill I have works great for cinder block but I think I killed it on the last tilt-up.. it's all wobbly now :crazy:

Never heard the term before. What's tilt-up?

joemomma

1946-2008

Those on site fabbed walls with re-bar raised with cranes usually 8-12" thick, you know those real fun ones :jackhammer:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Those on site fabbed walls with re-bar raised with cranes usually 8-12" thick, you know those real fun ones :jackhammer:

Now I know what you're talking about. A lot of them going up right now in our area, probably everywhere. They pour a slab, then it seems like the next day all the walls are up. What a country.

joemomma

1946-2008

Like a drive thru

Congrats on getting your contractors Lic Derf, should open new doors for you!

• 2 weeks later...
I could spend all week doing take downs

When you are doing larger ones of these, make sure you pay attention to what you are taking down.

We just did a takedown a few weeks back of a gas station sign. Took us all of about 2 hours, and we decided to seperate metals and take it to the scrapyard.

$200 worth of scrap!!!

Copper, Aluminum, and Nickel are all bringing BIG$$$ right now thanks to the Chinese!!

• !llumenati

Not just takedowns. I get a kick out of the shops that do alot of aluminum cutting and don't save the scrap----even the aluminum flakes that fill the table after cutting. Keep all the clean stuff with the aluminum scrap----lots of extra bucks and little time spent.

gn

Here i get about 40-60 cents for clean alum and 25 to 40 for dirty (painted) alum by the lbs