ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Fire Consumes Neon Sign Business

Erik Sine

What an irony in the business name.

http://www.wlns.com/story/25114488/fire-consumes-neon-sign-business

Fire Consumes Neon Sign Business

STOCKBRIDGE, MI. (WLNS) - Firefighters battled a fire early Monday morning at a business in Stockbridge.

Firehouse Neon caught fire around 3 a.m. Monday. The business, located on East Herbert Street, creates indoor neon signs and message boards.

The fire started to enter a nearby apartment complex, but firefighters managed to keep the flames from spreading further.

No one was hurt, but the cause of the fire is still under investigation.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Damn, I knew that name rang a bell.

I don't think they run a business under that name anymore, they started going into LED Message Board Sales and became a wholesaler/distributor??? Oh boy, I hope they had some good insurance especially if they had a big stock of LED boards there on premises to get through this okay

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

Hello...thought i would pipe in.

Yes we still operate under the name of Fire House Neon LLC with a DBA of LED Authority.

As we all know in the sign trades we have a lot of substrates and solvents. In my business we ship both LED signs as well as neon all over the world and the USA, so you can imagine all the shipping materials that are needed as well.

Alone all by themselves they are safe, Not sure what started the fire at this time, but as you can imagine if one item catches fire it consumes the other items, This was the case. The fire department had a VERY VERY VERY slow response time, nearly 25 minutes before they arrived after the initial call was made.

I stood outside and listened to countless explosions of the propane tanks, the gas filled generators, and God knows what else I heard explode. I watched as 15 years of collecting and building my sign company burn up in flames. All was lost.

As bad as the damages are, the lost nearly a million in damages...I have to be thankful no one was injured and surrounding buildings were not heavily damaged.

the irony in the business name. Post 9/11 I opened my business knowing I would be joining my local fire department...we use fires to make our glass....so Fire House Neon had a ring to it...I served for a little over 10 years and had to devote more time to the business, Had i still been on the department...I would have ran down to the station and could have had the fire under control instead of the 25 minute wait. Without the proper training I think i would have been foolish to try to stop the fire with a fire extinguisher, if that had been the case I wouldn't be writing this response...my widow would be.

Edited by firedawg

Sorry to hear Matt, have you been getting your business back on it's feet okay? Insurance giving you an easy time?